How Old Do You Have to Be to Vape?
Vaping devices are used in the world, but with each country, the regulations differ. Some have tighter regulations than others, and some stipulate limiting rules such as flavor bans, but one thing is universal. Age restrictions can be seen and are ever present on the packaging and vape products on shelves. But the age to vape does differ depending on your country. However, with its rising popularity, it is crucial to understand the legal requirements and restrictions associated with this activity, particularly regarding the minimum age for vaping. To ensure you are well informed about the age restrictions before vaping, this article will discuss the specific age limits and regulations established by the UK government.
UK Vaping Ages - The Law
If you try to make a purchase or register for an account on our website, a page will prompt you with instructions. Due to UK law, which forbids the selling of e-cigarettes, disposables, and e-liquid to minors, we take a little prodding. We'll need your date of birth for our age verification interaction. In order to compare your entered age to any registered information you may have—not to inquire about your monthly auto payments—we engage a reliable credit reference service. To ensure that we are not giving nicotine to children.
Is there a minimum age for vaping in the UK?
As of 2015, UK law prohibits the sale of e-liquid along with cigarettes and tobacco products. Including:
- Illegal to purchase e-liquids containing nicotine as an adult and under 18.
- Illegal to sell e-liquids containing nicotine to under 18s, in-store or online.
- With a £2,500 maximum fine that vendors breaking this law will be smacked with.
Age Limit for Vaping in the United States
Through a federal ban on the sale of cigarettes and vaping goods to anyone under the age of 18, as well as certain states raising the smoking age to 21, the U.S. has previously adopted age restrictions in vaping legislation that are comparable to those in Canada.
Any store selling tobacco goods to a person under the age of 21 will be breaking the law, according to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. Regardless of whether the real state has established its own Tobacco 21 rule, it demands that each state demonstrate that it is being implemented as far as feasible or risk losing a portion of its government substance abuse matching prizes.
The flavor regulations set forth by the FDA are somewhat intricate. Bulk e-liquid refills are permitted, however all prefilled pods and disposable vapes must only have tobacco tastes. Even those products, though, need FDA approval, and the producer is in charge of making sure that the stores they work with respect the FDA age restrictions.
A Global Overview Of Vaping Age Restrictions
Here they are, in a nutshell:
- Vaping sales in the US are prohibited for under 21s or 18s, depending on the state. In California, Hawaii, Oregon, New Jersey, and Maine, it is 21+. In all 42 other states, it is 18+.
- In Australia, liquid nicotine is classified as a poison. Sales are banned.
- In Canada, sales of e-liquids and vaping supplies are banned for under 19s.
- Europe is a mishmash. Most countries carry the UK’s 18+ minimum. It includes France, Spain, and Sweden.
- Turkey, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, and a few South American and Middle Eastern countries do not allow vaping.